понедельник, 24 марта 2003 г.

But It Just Sounds Better

But It Just Sounds Better
Castles Crowns and Cottages

in French to say



the stars


suspended in distant position


glisten like ice


having locked your summer fantasies




travels






and whims



into treasures


frozen


under their glittering canopy.


What particular things have you


mapped out in


your summer's constellation?


For me it was a


family reunion in Southern California


taking a poetry writing class


reading in my garden


my garden

-ground I've cultivated for-


connection

illumination

meditation

under a shared space with you



While Waiting In The CT Scan Room of The Hospital


I fan through a magazine

noticing amodel's


bold red lips kissing the


happy


stripes of a lollypop



hot white lights


CT scan room


that the blaze of contrasts


in the photo


collide


with my ability


the white and aqua



are mirrored





the colors of this hour


to join


at a horizon



it's helpful to observe


how


candescense


unites with


the velvet darkness


of an image



(The results were negative - this is a poem to describe the challenge of the moment to see light in the potential darkness)


Sometimes


the animal doesn't always


know its own force



and bolts dangerously


out of control



until it comes under


the submission


of the master.



As a result of this union


the animal


becomes more powerful



when there's someone


in command


who knows what they're doing



but more importantly


who knows


who they are.



Harnessing our


bigger-than-life ambitions



is like



because clear communication


with ourselves


and making a stand against


what we fear others may think



will help the animal within


~ trust~



who you


believe yourself to be.



Then you will know


what it is


you need to do;


and what was


once lost and lame


will be healed


to run within you


and beside you -


not restless and in solitude



but


fearless and together.




on my life


as



When I walk during the day


past a particular row


of homes


and my shadow drops


beside me




I see them -



I see


the family members


that once walked with me


during my childhood


in


California.



But the light of day



and


the light of night



wanes with time.



Yet the shadows still follow


calling you


to reach out


to them just once more.


It's impossible


but this is what


art is for:


to bring back

the light


that once fell


on both of you.



Carol Cook from the blog

Art and Sand


shared a post


on her husband's art studio.


Art and Sand for Steve Cook Fine Art

And since I'll always be


a California Girl


viewing Steve's


paintings


gave me back


What I've Been Looking For.


Thank you Steve and Carol.


William Baffin Roses in Minneapolis!


William Baffin Roses in Minneapolis!

Original article and pictures take wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий